Our Health Literacy/Plain Language Awareness Training is designed to give your organization an overview so that participants can achieve the following objectives:
- Demonstrate understanding of key health literacy concepts
- Communicate the importance of health literacy to colleagues
- Identify ways to integrate health literacy principles and plain language simplification into your work
This training was phenomenal – one of the most helpful sessions I’ve attended in a LONG time! Great session!! Loved it!
Our Health Literacy and Plain Language training is designed for an organization that communicates health information and wants to start this initiative in their organization. We will work with you to identify the stakeholders in your organization and then customize training for those groups based on their neeeds.
Workshops can include the following:
- The Teach Back method (Great for pharmacists, over the phone reps in a health care setting, Medical plan reps, anyone involved with patient interaction)
- Plain Language Writing – overview and strategies to incorporate into your communications
- Field Testing / Focus Groups – identifying objectives, methodology, identifying materials to test
- Innovation Workshops – Training customized for your particular challenges. These workshops are to get you to identify client solutions that integrate health literacy / plain language.